The last day of the summer
A nyár utolsó napja
Director: Piotr STASIK
32 min. 2010, Colour,
with words, Russian, English subtitled
Distributor: Krakow Film Foundation
Producer: Centrala; Agnieszka Janowska, Jacek Naglowski
Screenplay: Piotr Stasik
Cinematographer: Piotr Stasik
Editor: Anna Dymek
Piotr Stasik's film gives an insight into the contemporary Russia through the observation of young students and their everyday life at cadet school in Penza 700 km away from Moscow. The director picks up few characters, showing how much their stay at school influences their lives, how their personalities change, discovers what are they hopes and dreams. The school is being shown as a respectable institution that in some way, puts and end on its students blisfull childhood.
Major screenings, presentations:
- Camerimage Poland, Poland
- Go East Film Festival, Germany – Documentary Award “Remembrance and Future”
- 51st Krakow Film Festival, Poland
- International Documentary Film Festival "Flahertiana", Russia
- Vilnius Film Shorts, Lithuania
- Doclisboa International Film Festival, Portugal
- Cortopotere Short Film Festival, Italy
- 28th Kassel Documentary Film and Video Festival, Germany
- Minsk International Film Festival Listapad, Belarus
- Festival Tous Courts, Aix en Provance, France –RTP2 Onda Curta Prize
Piotr Stasik, born in 1976, a graduate of the Department of Social Sciences at Warsaw University. He completed a documentary course at the Andrzej Wajda Master School of Film Directing. Head of the Association for Artistic Initiatives "e" (Towarzystwo Inicjatyw Tworczych "e"), popularising cultural undertakings in small towns. Co-founder of the Paladino film group.
- 7x Moscow
- A film for you: Gdynia
- Andrzej Wajda: let's shoot!
- One by one
- The last day of Summer
Krakow Film Foundation
We summarised the results of the MEDIAWAVE Summer Film Camp during the Ördögkatlan Festival (click here).